Friday, May 14, 2010

Your opinion.The best hair relaxer in stores?

I have been getting my relaxers done is the salon but I wont be able to afford it for a couple of months. I have to go to the store to buy one. Which relaxer in stores is the best one to use. I need one that will be similar to salon relaxers, one that moisturizes well and is not really hard on the hair because I am regrowing my hair. I cut it really short in February and it has grown like 3 1/2 to 4 inches. I need maybe a known ';light chemical relaxer';. Also, should I go with lye or no lye?Your opinion.The best hair relaxer in stores?
can i first say ';ugh'; to the spam answer above?? *getting off my soapbox*





to answer your question, i would strongly suggest either the Supreme box relaxer or Optimum. Supreme is made by the same parent company as Affirm and KeraCare products. It has excellent conditioners and if you follow the directions won't damage your hair. Optimum is a second best. They recently improved their systems in the past year or so, and their products really do great at conditioning the hair.





regardless of what you do, i would strongly suggest deep conditioning your hair after using a store-bought relaxer to keep your hair healthy, strong, and shining especially since you have been using a professional strength relaxer for so long.





to answer your last question, you definitely want no lye. in most states in you can't even buy a lye relaxer unless you have a professional license anyway so just get your stand in-store no-lye relaxer. when you are working with a lye relaxer, you want a professional to do it so you don't run the risk of overprocessing. (i have been doing hair for years and i don't even put lye relaxers in my own hair...if that gives you a better idea of how against it i am).





i hope this helps

No comments:

Post a Comment