Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Is a relaxer bad for hair?

My hair was permed curly in august. Would a relaxer damage my hair?Is a relaxer bad for hair?
Well anything with harsh chemicals will. I had my hair permed once, turned out it was a complete disaster and I bought a straightener..boy that did a number on my hair! So, it won't be good for the hair but hair grows!Is a relaxer bad for hair?
Perming and relaxing your hair is damage by definition. Depending on the resiliency of your hair, and how often you have done chemical treatments (coloring, etc.), based on the time line you should be okay. I would recommend having the relaxing done by a professional if possible, as well as purchasing an at-home moisturizing mask for your hair to be done a few days after the relaxing.





However, there is no guarantee that the relaxing process could not cause breakage. Based on my experience, if your hair is generlly in good health, you should be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment