Friday, May 14, 2010

Can I use a hair relaxer?

well, i went to the local drugstore a few days ago, and saw a hair relaxer box. i'm 13 and have very unruly curly/wavy hair (it just depends on the area on my hair...some of its curly some is wavy). it's very thick and poofy, and i have to straighten it every morning. I can't even walk around outside with it, it poofs up so much. anyways, i saw the hair relaxer box and read the back. it doesnt say exactly what kind of texture hair you have to have to use it. like, does it have to be textured like african american people's hair (that was the advertisement on all of the boxes) or can it be just curly? i kind of want to use it, so it can be straightened for a while. if i can, is there any good relaxers out there that won't damage my hair a lot and are good? i cant get it done at a professional because my mom won't let me. thanks!!Can I use a hair relaxer?
It won't work on your hair unless you have ethnic hair. I thought I had the technique wrong and tried many times, until I realised all it does is thin your hair for faster heat styling. But since my hair is curly, I still had to spend a fair amount of time styling and the heat caused even more damage to my thinned hair. I don't recommend it. It's just not made for you. I did try ONO with a little more success - my hair went from curly to wavy but very dry and split ends.





My suggestion: invest in good hair products for your hair such as Kerastase or Redken, and use the line for curly hair (they have more moisturisers). And use a leave-in cream (creams are heavier and will tame your curls better) for curly hair and you can finish off with some hair shine serum or hairspray. Also, don't rub or comb your hair while it is drying or you'll end up with frizz. Once the products are in, just let your hair dry. Twist and tie your hair in a loose ponytail when you sleep. Let your hair down curly, I'm sure it can't be that awful. You can straighten your bangs if you want.Can I use a hair relaxer?
the relaxers are really for thick hair (ethnic hair) depends on how thick ur hair is and i would suggest if u do that u use the kids relaxer kits because the stronger ones will burn ur hair and use the no lye relaxer kits but you probally want to ask ur mom also cause she will probally flip out http://jfmvipclub.com/products.html
it may damage it im not sure, but japanese straighting is very bad ive heard. so don't get one ok, even if they last a year, trust me ive been on answers a while read alot of stuff on here, be-careful with chemical's in your hair okay








Hope that I helped you
hmmm.........that might be a good idea but i highly doubt it...you should just try to work with your natural hair or for a safer bet try a texturizer which will loosen the curl pattern................you should try to talk to a professional though so you don't seriously jack up your hair.....
naturallycurly.com


biracialhair.org


that should help you with your natural texture. becuase a realxer is not a good idea for anyone of any race. very damaging to the hair which is why so many people suffer hair breakage
chemical hair straighteners are really harsh on your hair....most that you see in the store are for african americans..it would do some damage to your hair...and it doesn't come out until your hair grows out so be 100% sure that's what you want before you do it!
I have biracial hair. I'm half black and half white. my best friend has a relaxer. Relaxers are really only used on ethnic hair, they can be very damaging too, unless you take good care of it. Cause I'm pretty sure we all know that relaxers are full of chemicals and if you don't take care of them correctly and use it unprofessionally, OUT goes your hair. And for some of you have said the reason why so many people have breakage because of relaxers, that's not true. Everyone eventually, does, or will have breakage. I have breakage and I have never had a relaxer before. Relaxers aren't the only cause on breakage so don't always blame 'relaxers.'

No comments:

Post a Comment