Wednesday, May 12, 2010

My hair relaxer didn't work?

Ok i have super thick hair, its not that long, it comes like one or two inches below my shoulders (without straightener) . Well i got tired of using a hot comb cause it takes 3 hours to do it with my big head of hair so i tried to relaxer.I was trying to spread it around on my head really fast because i only had 18 minutes but i only went 5 minutes over the time that i was supposed to leave it in. Could it be over processed? So then i rinsed it and I had long loose curly hair (it wasn't even straight all the way) and then when i went under the blow dryer....POOF! It was a bit softer, but it looked just like it did before and it wasn't soft at all. Any help? I followed the directions and stuff but im not experienced with hair relaxers though.My hair relaxer didn't work?
A relaxer doesn't make the hair straight, it just relaxes the curl. It makes it easier to manage. I have a relaxer and right now my hair is big %26amp; poofy too! After I put the conditioner in it will be soft and curly.


I'm not sure what you mean by ';went under the blow dryer'; but if you will blow dry your hair, you should do it in sections. What you need to do now is wet your hair again, and definitely use a leave-in conditioner. Blow dry it using a wide toothed comb, on a medium heat. Then check your hair carefully by running your fingers through it and feel the areas of the scalp to make sure you relaxed it evenly. If you feel spots that still feel wavy, you didn't relax it evenly. Now that you have a relaxer on your hair, make sure that you take really good care of it. Use a moisturizing shampoo, conditioner and always use a leave-in conditioner. Also, watch your hair for breakage. If you use heat to style your hair use a heat protector; personally I like serums. Next time have someone with experience help you.My hair relaxer didn't work?
you should have gotten it done at a salon. those directions on the boxes of at home ';do-it-yourself'; relaxers aren't specific enough.


also, you might not have gotten the type of relaxer that was appropriate for your hair type, which is another thing that a hair stylist would automatically know.


you might need to visit a hair stylist, especially after what you did to your hair!! :(


hope i helped. :)
Your relaxer probably wasn't strong enough. Look on the side of the box and get one for thick hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment