Friday, May 14, 2010

What To Do With Hair Relaxer Touch-up Trouble?

I just got a relaxer touch-up about three weekends ago at a beauty school salon.


I've been going there for a while, and they usually do a good job.


However this recent visit turned out to be a disappointment.


I soon realized after I got the touch-up, that it didn't not go through well.


The back of my head, the front, and even parts of my hair were still ';rough'; and ';crinkly'; and ';un-permed'; one might say.


I really don't want to go back and get another touch-up or have someone at home do it for me. Plus I think you are supposed to wait a few months before getting another one, due to the damage it can do to your hair.


I'm not sure what to do to fix it and it's really bothering me. I can't really comb or brush areas of my head without some of the hair breaking off.


Someone suggested that I should hot-comb it, but I'm not sure if hot-combing relaxed hair is okay. (I thought the hot-comb was for natural hair only)


If you have any suggestions, please feel free to comment!


Thank You!What To Do With Hair Relaxer Touch-up Trouble?
hmm well i have relaxed hair too, and i get a touch-up every 5 to 6 weeks. you were totally right about damage it can do to your hair if you dont wait long enough, but dont wait toooo long enough, like a few months. thats too long! maybe thats the problem? haha


well heres my suggestion, if you recently got a touch up, wait until the right time to get it again (5-6 weeks is best) but for now, give your hair a break! on the weekends, moisterize it by soaking it with olive oil then wash it out. when you straighten it make sure you use anti-heat sprays and really straighten the puffy parts of your hair well. when you go back to the salon, tell your hair stylist about the problem. ask for options! hope i helped! =] (sorry this answers superr long haha)

No comments:

Post a Comment