Friday, May 14, 2010

I have a hair relaxer scalp burn and it still stings mostly on the sides. What should I do to help it heal?

Hi i have recently used a hair relaxer that didn't seem to work too well two days ago. Stupidly, I went out and bought the same relaxer and applied it my hair again last night (BIG MISTAKE). This time I feel really bad burns on my sides and my left one seems to release some sort of liquid but now it's gone. I went to the doctor and he gave me silvadene to apply to the wounds. I didn't get burned the first time but did the second time. I have alredy applied the silvadene and it has slightly helped reduce the pain. My question is how long will it take before the burns are completely healed if I continue to use the silvadene, is there anything else that I can do and I am wondering if the burns will cause my hair to fall out or cause baldness. I have read some articles online saying how people go bald after using hair relaxer and got burned so am I endangered of that as well? My hair right now feels really dry and the ends are quite fuzzy, how do I restore it? Any help would be great, thank you.I have a hair relaxer scalp burn and it still stings mostly on the sides. What should I do to help it heal?
I have gotten burned from a relaxer and the best advice I can offer is to keep hair moisturized and try not to aggravate it, no combing or brushing the area. You kind of have to try and forget about it, that's what I did. Just go about your regular routine and don't think too much about it. I would give it a month. As for hair loss, if hair is still there you have a good chance of keeping it. Don't worry yourself let nature take it's course.I have a hair relaxer scalp burn and it still stings mostly on the sides. What should I do to help it heal?
African-Americans only suppose to put perms in their hair at the least every six weeks. However, since you know have scalp burn..please use nothing but vaseline. You will see a difference within 24 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment