Friday, May 14, 2010

Will overuse of hair relaxer speed up my thinning & balding hairline?

I'm a bi-racial (black %26amp; white) male who once in a while uses hair relaxer. My hair isn't very coarse so I use it maybe every 4 months. The real reason I don't use it more often is because I'm scared that it will damage my hair if I use it too much. Actually, I'm more concerned with the relaxer speeding up my thinning %26amp; balding hairline. Ideally, I'd love to use this relaxer maybe every other month.





My question is, can I use this relaxer on a more frequent basis (like every other month) without it increasing the rate of which my hair thins and balds? Does the relaxer have nothing to do with that? I am using a no lye relaxer called 'Motions'.Will overuse of hair relaxer speed up my thinning %26amp; balding hairline?
I work with hair and hair products all the time. And I believe that is safe to say that using relaxers are not really great for anyones hair. However, if a person decides to use the product then it is important that it is maintained and taken care of as best as possible. I dont know what texture your hair is before you relaxer but im not sure that you need one. Simply because sometimes if you are bi-racial your hair can come out one of many of ways. More Course, Curly, even straight. (obviously not straight) I know this because 1- I am a hair stylist and 2)My family has so many mixed peole in it and they all have diffrent textures of hair. With that being said, if your hair is more on the course side and you really want to put something in your hair, try using something a little milder then a relaxer. A Texturizer. Some salons actually use relaxers to texturize.(relaxer is in for a very,very short time- creates waves) but there are also over the counter texturizers which can be found in your local beauty supply store. But other than that I would not recommend using it anymore than you do because it can cause serious break-age.
  • cartridge
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment