Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Hair relaxer question?

Okay so if I were to buy a lye relaxer -- meaning you don't need the activator and it doesn't come in a box -- would I have to take the amount I'm going to use out in a little bowl or something then close the lye relaxer and put ti away or something? My sister told me that it can spoil or something if you don't do that. And, I didn't use much this time, and I have a lot left over that I can use when I'm post. Please reply. Thank you.Hair relaxer question?
No you can apply straight from the jar, but some people do scoop out portions to keep hairs from being in the mix especially if they do other peoples hair - like at the salon. Also dipping from the jar can make it seem bottomless and you use more, therefore going to need another jar sooner. Scooping makes you apply relaxer sparingly - though enough to get desired straightness, yanno get another scoop if you still have a section to do when the first scoop is done.


Always store in a cool dark place, heat can make the chemicals separate and loose effectiveness. As for expiring, you're generally good for a year, if you relax every 6-8 weeks, you should be on a 2nd jar before the year is out. BUT some beauty supplies - not all -but mainly asian put expiring products out front - like they do meat at the grocer but give you a discount to buy. But you could buy a product that has been sitting in their warehouse 2 years, and think you're gonna use it all year, and wondering in 2 months why you aren't getting the same results as when you applied 2 months ago. So depending on where you buy always check the exp date, open and look at and sniff the product if you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment