Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Performed a hair relaxer treatment, and now hair is falling out...?

Hey all,





Last week I went to Mauritius for my holidays, and there I opted to do a 'relaxer' treatment in order for my hair to become straighter. As I was really new to it, I didn't really realise the precautions I had to take after..





So unknowingly, I used a blowdryer and starightened my hair a couple of times during the past week and also swam in the sea... at the time - some hair were falling out, but I thought it was just a common thing as I was straightening my hair/etc...





Now having returned back to the UK, I'm beginning to notice my hair falling out bit my bit (just by passing my hand through my hair/washing it/sleeping/etc..)... And I've been reading up on the 'relaxer' treatment, with most of the articles stating I need to use a conditioner and avoid heating equipment..





So for the past two days, I've been using a moisturising conditioner and applying coconut oil in order to keep my scalp hydrated.. but the hair is still falling out.. and its making me paranoid that I may become bald?!





Any helpful advice and tips on how to prevent my hair falling out will be greatly appreciated.. Thanks!Performed a hair relaxer treatment, and now hair is falling out...?
There's not much you can do, but let nature take it's course. And I'm willing to bet you didn't use neutralizing shampoo or used a relaxer too strong for your hair.--The #1 + #2 reasons ppl lose hair after relaxing. A 'super' is for very course african-type hair or '4c', a 'mild' is for curly/wavy hair or '1a', and a 'regular' is for hair that is somewhere in between.

No comments:

Post a Comment