Friday, May 14, 2010

Help please! will a hair relaxer break my hair?

Okay well i'm 14 and Black african/white(mixed).My hair has never been colored. I have short small really curly hair but its long when its straighten. I straighten my hair a lot so now i wanna get it relax. My hair has not been relax since i was 8 years old(done by a box perm). My mom clams its going to dry out my hair and break. she saying she has perms before but my hair is not like hers, and i had it done once. i got a box perm today but now i'm really scared my hair might break off!!!! help me please thanks =]Help please! will a hair relaxer break my hair?
i have a 1/4 black in me. So I know . I have more black type of hair then white.


I use a kiddie perm. It is not harsh on your hair.Help please! will a hair relaxer break my hair?
Straightening hair with a box perm is the old fashioned way of doing it, and not the right way to go at all. Perms and relaxers have a different chemical makeup. Relaxers that are made for extremely curly hair will be fine for your hair as long as your hair has not been colored or lightened. A lot of the brands are actually conditioning as well. You should definitely go to a professional hair stylist to have this done, just to make sure that it's done correctly and the right product is used. Call around to find someone that has experience relaxing hair like yours. Good Luck!
The biggest factor in straightening your hair with chemicals is if its going to break off. It all depends on if your moisturize your scalp and you keep your hair healthy. if not, there is a chance it could break off.


Straightening often makes the hair brittle and dry with out proper moisturizers.
you may be fine but it depends on how soft your hair is....i have soft hair and got my first relaxer almost 3 years ago..my hair is fine but you have to find someone u trust 2 do your hair.....and make sure he/she doesn't overprocess your hair
If your hair is healthy (which it should be, I see nothing that could damage it too badly. Ethnic hair is very strong. It may damage it slightly, but it shouldn't be much of a problem for you. Go ahead.
im the same race as you and no a relaxer will not unless you have bad hair which mixed people don't jus try it
it may break but u NEED to keep care of it. ask the person who is relaxing your hair for tips on how to mange it.
i would leave those perms alone if i were you .......
STOP! perms and relaxers can work wonders if the are left to the professionals. buying a box perm may not do the trick there are many different perms and relaxers out there and you may have picked up the wrong one. relaxers are much more damaging to the hair them a perm is but a relaxer will have much more of an effect. if i were you i would call up your salon and see if you can just go there to have it done. its much safer. since its been years since youve had a chemical in your hair i'm sure it will be ok.. it may have same ends that break off but overall it should be ok. but honestly i would not try to do it your self. i hope this all helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment