Friday, May 14, 2010

I have very curly hair, should I put hair relaxer in it for just 5 minutes just to loosen up the curls?

it takes about 2 1/2 hours to straighten my hair!!!!!! It is so ridiculos. Winter is coming up(california winter starts late) and every time i straighten my hair but go in cold air it gets all poofy. I have a hair relaxer that is called ';Soft and Beautiful, NO Lye botanicals hair relaxer'; and for my course hair the directions state to leave the cream on for 15 minutes for hair to get completly straighten. I DO NOT WANT TO GET MY HAIR STRAIGHT, i just want to make my crazy curls less curly and more wavy so it will be much easier to straighten. Should I???? Curl Texturizers seem like they only soften your hair a little bit and can i put it on my temple and nape cuz the box says dont put in on your scalp but i heard a lot of people do it. And also, the relaxer cant be that damaging because i only want to leave it on for 5 minutesI have very curly hair, should I put hair relaxer in it for just 5 minutes just to loosen up the curls?
Sure. If this is what you want to do. You can also buy a texturizer, which is a low-grade perm and is used to loosen the natural curl pattern. Some people will leave a perm on their hair for a very short amount of time so that it gets underprocessed (same effects as a texturizer). Either way it's a chemical. If you're okay with no longer being natural, then go for it. Since it is a chemical you might want to let a licensed professional put in. There are also natura'laxers and I've heard of a temporary relaxer. None of which I will ever try, but something you might want to look into.





You might also want to look into getting some anti-frizz serum if the frizz is becoming a problem. Sabino moisture block is supposed to keep the humidity and water out of your hair so that your hair stays straight longer, it also helps with frizz. You can go to the website and request a sample. It can only be washed out with shampoo. I've heard a lot of good reviews about it on the http://www.blackhaircare.com forum.I have very curly hair, should I put hair relaxer in it for just 5 minutes just to loosen up the curls?
she don't what she talking bout^^^^^^ anyway if it takes that long to straighten your hair your couldn't possibly get the perm completely and effectively on all of your hair in 5 minutes-you hair would be over processed and under processed in most places....you should just get a texturizer be cause its meant to loosen curls.......
You should do it. Usually things like that say they'll make your hair perfectly straight... don't, so leaving it for 10 minutes would probably make even more sense. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment