Friday, May 14, 2010

Help! Just got a relaxer and my hair feels like straw?

I haven't got a perm in four months and I decided to get one,(Lusters pink relaxer) now my hair feels like straw. I put a deep conditioner called vital, but it stills feels like straw in the middle of my hair.





What should I do?








Please don't tell my i should have went to the stylists.


Some people don't have the money


thanks!Help! Just got a relaxer and my hair feels like straw?
Go to sally's beauty store and buy some cholesterol, get the proclaim brand. Part your hair into four sections with clips. Work on one section at a time. In the first section take out the clip and section off small pieces of hair (best done with a rat tail comb) Get a color brush and dip it into the cholesterol and put onto your hair, normally you either put it on the roots or the scalp, I would put it all over the hair for your case, keep doing that for each small section of hair you do. Do the same for the other 3 sections. Then get a plastic cap and put over your head, get a hair dryer and hold a little away from head and blow dry for 5-10 minutes, make sure you get each section. Or in your case you may not want to blow dry too much. Then wash your hair. This is used as a scalp treatment. It should soften out your hair. If it still is dry in 2 days after you do this, buy a proclaim hot oil treatment from sally's and use that. Other wise you'll have to cut off the dry ends. Also I would put some leave in conditioner in your hair every night until it gets better.Help! Just got a relaxer and my hair feels like straw?
Try a VO5 hot oil, and then find a leave-in conditioner to use. You may have messed it up, but you can try to salvage it with these. If you don't have money for the stylist, try to find a beaty school next time. They do things like that for a really reduced cost, probably close to $30. Its well worth it to not have the problems.
That's funny. . . I permed my hair yesterday with Just for Me hair relaxer and my hair was dry. I put Avon's Advance Techniques' Extra Strength Dry Ends Serum and it feels so much better! I put it on my hair and the ends before I blow dry it. I only blow low heat on it to keep it from dripping and then I let my hair air dry. Good Luck!
Well... now you learned the hard way I guess... perms should only be done by a professional... and if you don't have the money then don't get a perm, its really that simple. (no one really NEEDS one)....





The only thing to do is keep deep conditioning (a salon can probably do a deeper, better conditioning than you can) or... wait for it to grow out... if the conditioning doesn't work
no offence but haha ur hair is straw....... use the olive oil thing.


heat up some olive oil


saturate ur hair with it


cover ur hair with a plastic bag


wrap the bag in a warm towel thats heated from the dryer


leave it in for 30 mins,


rinse ur hair a couple of time with soap


and then if you did it right, you will have good hair again. =]
don't color or perm or anything anymore!... let it grow out... try not to put any heat on it (like a straightner or blow dryer) too often. put a good moisturizing conditioner in your hair, then wrap it in a towel, and sleep with it. Rinse it out in the morning. it should help!





goodluck!
I know your hair feels horrible, but if you wash it alot you get use to it, but relaxer is really bad for your hair, so maybe you should stop.
that is the chmicals. until about 5 months ago i relaxed my hair every 6 weeks since i was in 5th grade. im 20 now. keep deep conditioning and dont use heat on it at all. leave in conditioner definetly.
it sound disgusting but put mayonnaise in your hair for 5-10min then put vanilla extract in with your shampoo when you wash it out


i did the same thing a few months ago it was the only thing that worked
you totally fried your hair. stop relaxing it and go natural!!!! you can straighten it when its natural too, and it flows nicely if you do.
u burned your hair..theres nothing you can do to help it now..its just gotta grow out...relaxing your hair damanges its





avoid flat irons, or blowdryers





condition alot
I will say comb it out every couple of minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment