Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Hair Relaxer( I need to know about it)?

I keep reading on-line that hair relaxer damages hair...and that's what I use for my hair..I don't know why but that's what my mom makes me use...How does hair relaxer damages hair? does it make it fall out or something? Or does it make hair stop growing? I wanna know so I can tell my mom to stop using it in my hair because I don鈥檛 know why but when I brash my hair, I end up having more hair on my comb. So am wondering if the hair relaxer is causing my hair to do that...Well, thanks for your helpHair Relaxer( I need to know about it)?
Ok...it depends on how much hair is coming out to know if it is from damage or from normal hair growth. On a daily basis, you are supposed to shed 100 strands of hair a day and that is from combing your hair everyday. If you miss a few days, say your hair is in a style hat you do not comb, then you will lose a few days worth of hair (ie: 3 days, 300 strands). Now, as far as relaxers go, they have chemicals in them that allows them to straighten your hair. Chemicals are not great for the hair. But to be honest, if you do not have naturally straight hair and you want it, you will do something that can be damaging to it to straighten it (ie. relaxing it or flat ironing it-either chemical damage or heat damage). I just say if you are gonna straighten you hair, you can minimize the damage by deep conditioning it regularly, keeping your ends trimmed and just having a stylist that SPECIALIZES in healthy hair care. Hope this helps and good luck. Hair Relaxer( I need to know about it)?
As long as you take care of it properly relaxed hair can grow long, strong, and healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment