Saturday, January 23, 2010

Hair relaxer advancements of recent times? ?

I'm an older white male, but I noticed recently people like Secretary Condi Rice, and Michelle Obama, and the kids, all have flowing wind blowing straight hair? Can't be from an 'iron'? Is that some chemical? If they get caught in the rain, does that all change? Lastly, is long term use of whatever, safe for the hair and scalp? Hair relaxer advancements of recent times? ?
It could be a flat iron (pressing comb) or it could be a relaxer and it wouldn't change in the rain no more that any other texture of hair. I find it interesting that that you ask but when any chemical be it perms for white folks or relaxers I think there is some risk although nothing has been proven. Hope this helps.





Not necessarily; I had my hair pressed for years. It will friz if you are caught in a drizzle; but nothing that can't be blow dryed like any other texture that gets frizzy. Now a down pour is something different on pressed hair. If it is relaxed there is no difference at all. It stays the same for most folk; mine would wave up a little near my roots if the relaxer hadn't been done in a while but the rest would stay straight.
  • cartridge
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment