Saturday, January 23, 2010

Dark & Lovely hair relaxer??

ok every year I relax my hair before summer. I always buy this relaxer this time when I open it up the directions say not to use on color-treated hair at all. Target won't take it back because it is open. UGG! I dyed my hair back in November what do I do? Am I out $8.99? And where do you find the one for Color-Treated hair?Dark %26amp; Lovely hair relaxer??
You can still relax it, you just have to put on a filler first so that your hair doesn't become over processed.Dark %26amp; Lovely hair relaxer??
They tell you that as a precaution but if you dyed it back in November it should be safe to relax :-) just test it on a small area in the back first but I have dyed my hair and then relaxed it within weeks of each other and my hair was and is just fine
there is no such relaxers that can do that hair dyes n relaxers r both chemicals that damage the hair...when u dye or relax it strips the cuticles in ur hair strands thats y u have to wait at least 3 month to chemical treat ur hair wheaters its relaxer or dye...if u dyed it in november n its now march u can relax ur hair the only thing is its goin to change the color just a slight difference...believe me i try the dye then relaxer n it changed my purple hair to copper it looks nice though but it freaked me n my friends out lol
I would go ahead an use it anyway. I used the Olive Oil kind that comes in a green box. When I rinsed the relaxer out I saw a little bit of red hair dye in the drain, but my hair didn't fall out or anything.





If you haven't dyed your hair since November, and you don't relax it until, lets say...April or May, you should be fine. I think that the warning applies to hair that has been color treated recently (6 weeks or less).
i just think they say that but i have used that stuff and it said the same thing but it worked so dont worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment