Friday, January 22, 2010

Relaxer or hair straightener?

I have curly (kinky) hair. I want to get it straightened permanantly but not very sure about it. Acutally I am toying between permanant hair straightening and relaxers. I got the hair straightened in Japanese style before but I didn't like the poker straight look.





How does hair look when relaxer is used? Can I wear it down? What is the level of damage caused with straightener and relaxer.





Has anyone got the curly hair relaxed and how do you feel about it?





Thanks in Advance.Relaxer or hair straightener?
Funny how we always want the opposite of what we have. I have straight hair and would loooove to have curly hair.





At any rate, I hope you will rethink your desire for straight hair--relaxers and other chemical processes always, always damage your natural hair. Plus, the chemicals can be dangerous to your health. I'm just wondering if there is a better alternative for you, like maybe a different hairstyle or haircut that is flattering and suitable for your face.





I am guessing that you may be black from your hair description. I don't have a lot of experience with that type of hair, but quite a lot of the ladies (and some men) on the message boards at http://www.longhaircommunity.com can give you really good advice on how to make the best of the hair you have. It's geared, obviously, towards growing long hair but the information you get there can be applied to any length of hair. Another really good message board is The Hair Care Family, http://s7.invisionfree.com/the_hair_care鈥?/a>


but I'm not sure how many black people post there; you might get more pertinent information at the first place (though the second place has nicer people imo). Best of all may be http://www.naturallycurly2.com/home/inde鈥?/a>





Good luck; I hope you find something you like.Relaxer or hair straightener?
Relax
Relax your hair you only have to do it once a month but be warned IT HURTS I just did it and i have a burn on the side of my head and all the harir fell out so do it professionally if you have longer than shoulder lentgh and yes if well done you can wear it down and it looks nice
i have hair like that and have not found no straightners that work. i straighten my hair every two days and i use a blowdryer and curling iron and it lasts antil i wash my hair again.
hair straighter. relaxers are not good for your hair.
I have curly hair, and a hair straightener works well for me! Chi's are the best though!
If you're tender-scalped, then a relaxer just won't do (but I'm saying that because the hair stylists I worked with never listened to me when I was complaining about my scalp burning after only a few minutes).





My personal experience with having my hair relaxed had to due w/lots of burning (imagine your hair getting dried onto a scalp that's trying to scab up and heal itself...painful separating the hair from the damaged scalp...and it takes about a week or two before it does successfully scab and heal w/o the hair getting caught in the process), and the hair falling out after I decided not to torture myself for straighter hair and have gone the natural way since.





Have you tried just constantly having your hair in braids? Depending on who you go to, it could be costly, but it's low maintenence, and the hair's guaranteed to grow (unless someone tries to yank it from the roots).
hey...wel i tried the japanese one as well n didnt like my hair flat as well...





neway if u want PERMANENT...go for MATRIX permanent str8in... they use ions n change the protein in your hair forever n make it tr8...havent tried so cnt say





but recently i got the 6 months straightening n used the compnay KADUS...it was comparatively cheaper n obviously kadus is good quality....i just told the hair stylist...i didnt want them totally flat so she washed my hair in 30 mins instead of 45-60 mins and plus...she reduced the concentration of some product for the front hair so that gave my hair volume and yeh i told her i didnt want my haie ends to be dead str8...so she turned (bent) the tips with her fingers and held it that way for a few mins... n i love my hair now...i get the blow dry effect everyday! n yeh kadus aint that damaging to your hair..





i would advise u consult a hair stylist first and tell them all that ur looking for...so they do i the way u want them to be





n yeh! do not go for relaxers..they make your hair look dry n frizzy





hope that helps u
well this season is more about going for natural look so bye bye silky hair hello to the waves and curs also bones are so so on fashion so forget about the silky look and try the wavy one ;)
Why don't you try an anti-curl by Rusk? You have to have it done professionally, but it doesn't straighten it all the way.
I have curly/kinky hair too. For a long time I hated my hair and wished I had straight hair. But now that I'm older I've learned to appreciate my curls and like the option of having it straightened temporarily or wearing it curly. It seems like you're unsure of what you really want to do with your hair, so I suggest that you don't apply any chemicals to your hair yet.





I've used relaxers in the past and they've really damaged my hair. I suggest visiting a Ouidad salon (I'm not sure where you reside but if you look on-line you may find a location near you). They taught me how to tame my hair so I can feel comfortable wearing it curly and they have ';hair softeners'; which can loosen up your curls since you don't like the pin straight look. Good Luck...I know how challenging curly hair can be...!

No comments:

Post a Comment