Saturday, January 23, 2010

Do I HAVE 2 get a perm/relaxer in my hair because I'm black?

I'm a black female here, but people try 2 tell me that I must get a perm in my hair, but I don't like perms because they burn too badly. Also, they put my hair more at risk for damage. I also have seborrhea-similar to psoriasis, %26amp; the Dr. told me not 2 perm my hair, but many ppl tell me I MUST get a perm in order to look better %26amp; so-called ';more professional';. I prefer to keep my hair natural. I have good, thick, %26amp; curly/wavy hair. Are they just jealous because I'm one black person whose hair doesn't necessarily require a perm? All professional hair dressers say that my hair is too pretty %26amp; too healthy 4 a perm. What's ur opinion? Thanks.Do I HAVE 2 get a perm/relaxer in my hair because I'm black?
Well I'm also a black girl 2 and i had a perm ever since I was five years old.Ever since i was five years old i regret of having a perm so my suggestion is that you don't need a perm cause you have beauty full hair that is naturally nice and the only reason a person gets a perm is when they have nappy hair and your hair don't even sound like its nappy. So all i have 2 say is DONT GET A PERM you'll go through hell trust me i have one right now and I'm going through hell with my hairDo I HAVE 2 get a perm/relaxer in my hair because I'm black?
All hair that is well-taken-care-of is pretty and healthy so please get rid of the notion of ';good'; or ';bad'; hair.





If your hair is healthy, then wear your hair in its natural state. If you're concerned about versatility, then have your stylist blow-dry or press your hair straight (as opposed to wearing curly hair all the time). Also, begin researching some natural stylists in your area. They're a wealth of information and care-tips for your natural tresses.





Good luck. =^)
I'd say don't perm it if you don't want to. I would only ensure that you look nice for your job and it sounds that you do that already.
yes tip . if you no you are getting perm do not itch your hair.
do not get a perm!!!! ur hair is fine, just like pro hair dressers say!! and i'm sure it is great and pretty WITHOUT the perm! u'll ruine ur hair if u perm!
Yeah, leave your hair natural... if you need a professional look, wax it and tie it back tightly. Personally, I like the afro, and it is coming back in style.
No you don't you're the same as other person.
I think if the doc tells you no, then you listen to the doctor..it's other methods of staightening out your hair without using relaxer
WELL THAT IS MY OPINION THAT THOSE WHO ARE TRYING TO GET YOU TO PERM IT ARE JEALOUS CUZ OF THE WAY YOUR HAIR GROWS NOW...LISTEN TO YOUR DOCTOR AND DO NOT GET A PERM IN YOUR HAIR...IF YOU HAVE SKIN PROBLEMS NOW YOU DON'T NEED TO ADD MORE FLAMES TO THE FIRE...DON'T LISTEN TO THE OTHERS...LEAVE IT ALONE.........
I have seborrhea too and I keep my hair permed. I personally think it helps mine better. But I'm also white so my hair is different. I have a close friend that's black and she never perms her hair. She's all natural and I think she's pretty. So basically it's just a matter of personal choice. So do whatever you prefer.
You do not have to relax your hair;it's just an option for those who want to use it.You also have a medical condition which is not compatible with many beauty treatments;you can not dye your hair,either,and certain shampoos can make your condition worse.You like your hair the way it is,so there is absolutely no need for you to change it.
dont get it...and yes they are jealous. your hair sounds beautiful and just because u are black doesnt mean you have to get it. and like you said, it will really screw up your hair and damage it. so basically dont get a perm.
no u should not get a perm b cause when u get 1 and u start scrating your hair and when it is time 4 u 2 get a nother 1 it will burn n sum perms will break off your hair if u color your hair it would break your hair off b cause of the perm and u wold have 2 get 1 every 6 weeks so no i suggest u not 2 get 1
u dont have to get a perm u can use a straightening comb if u choose too..
Well, I'd give a lot of weight to opinions of your doctor and the professional hair dressers. I'd also give weight to your own personal preference. But since I don't know what you look like, I don't know if there's anything about your hair that's detracting from your own professional appearance. Maybe you could ask people that offer this opinion what their reasons are? Maybe a change in your jewelry or clothing might help. As for me, I think black women look good with really short hair. These are just the views of a white guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment