Saturday, January 23, 2010

Hair relaxer? Salon treatment?

I want to get my hair straightened/relaxed but want to find the best way to do it w/o frying my hair. I got a haircut and now have neck length hair (layered, kind of like a layered bob) and its naturally very thin and curly. Ive used blowdryers, flat irons, and different products but it doesnt stay straight long at all. Im thinking of trying one of those salon treatments but want to know if they work or if theyre a load of crap. Does anyone know anything about this including prices and if it works or not?


Thanks.Hair relaxer? Salon treatment?
I personally use the CHI hair straightening system at my salon. It is costly, depending on hair length. You can expect to pay anywhere from $250.00 on up. It is a time consuming project for both the client and the stylist. I personally have my hair chemically straightened. It does work. However, that doesn't mean your hair will require no work at all, just not AS much work. I would recommend you still flat iron the hair but it will last all day..through humidity, sweat and all. (I live in FL, so I know first hand.) The chemical process is considered ';permanent'; but you will still need to have regular touch ups at your regrowth, like you would a hair color retouch. These touch ups can cost around $150.00 and up...and they should be done approximately every 3-4 months.
  • cartridge
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment